Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oil Painting for the Novice

Guess what's going to happen October 14th? That's right. Oil Painting for the Novice. Yea hooo!!! I can't wait. Its my birthday gift from Jason and I am sure you are wondering what this novice will be learning.......


After this course I am supposed to be able to do the following:

Translate three dimensional objects to the canvas
Create your own compositions
Give depth and form to your work


I am going to try to visit more art gallery's - I went on line yesterday and printed out Gallery's in ATL. There is so much to read and study I don't even know where to begin. I read artist bios yesterday and everyone has a very interesting take on how they established their techniques. I figure if I keep trying to learn about different procedures and take classes I will eventually have my own technique. I need to learn how to relax and not get so uptight about it too - I am a thinker and that is not always good. I need to learn how to let my mind go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun! Is there anything you need for the class that I can put in your b-day bag? Maybe if your legs get ansy you can keep your fingers and mind moving.

Hey- can I join the bad childhood-photo game? I've got some perty darn good ones. Remember, I was a transient book dork that played the clarinet for a year. You know from first-hand experience that I could not play sports. And I was a victim of home perms. Total dork points. I think I may have a chance at winning this one if I can buy into the game!

Jen said...

Of course you can!!! I can't wait to see these picts!

Jen said...

Oh yeah, You DON'T need to get me anything besides the bag for my birthday woman! ;)