Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello Art!

Here are a couple of more paintings I painted tonight. I am really into ORANGE.......Its such a good color!










This is both of them - they are quite small but good colors.










Here is the little chick! It looks like a 5 year old did it here, but in person, it looks like folk art. Perfect for a kitchen.











This one just has different colors in it. I really like it - these are way better in person.










These are my brushes. I will be asking for more in October and December..........."wink. wink."













Oh! Look what popped up here. Some paints by Gamblin. I think I will get some more of those as well. Ohhhhhh....what pretty colors.

8 comments:

Nat said...

i LOVE the chicken. Your little chicken is the new big chicken little. What?

But you are still the cutest. And btw Beau loved the book. He hasn't even asked about the gummy bears. He is all about birds.

Anonymous said...

The chicken is definitely cute! She has a big belly! I love her! What is her name?

Joann's has its canvases on sale for 50% off right now BTW.

You are so funny! What a magical miracle that your brushes and paints debuted on your blog! Who makes the brushes? Where do you buy your supplies? I may want to buy some in October for some reason. Randomly...

Jen said...

I'm glad Beau liked the book! I was worried we gave the worst gift ever. haa.ahaa!!! We had so much fun yesterday - you crack me up!
At one point I thought you were yelling from the port a potty and as I was laughing and turning around to see if that was the case, you were actually on the corner. HA!

Jen said...

I thought she would be happy if she was fat - makes her look healthy. I think her name should be FRIDA and she should go in the kitchen.

Thanks for the heads up on Joanns - I was going to get more canvases this week.

Yeah, Im not sure what got into those brushes......they wanted attention. ;)

I purchase the brushes and paints at either Dick Blicks or Sam Flax but that's only because they are close to where I am (home or work). I am sure there are other places to go but I have not looked.

Jen said...

Nat,
are you talking about the new big chicken little as in the cartoon? Frida would be honored.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I was reading a sewing blog, and the author linked to her painter friend's blog. I thought you would find it interesting to read because she shows her painting step by step. Leigh
http://www.awakeandpainting.blogspot.com/

Stoph said...

Hello world, here's the song that we're singin! Come on, get happy!

Just kidding. Hi Stick!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey- I'm tagging you for a blog meme "Six Unspectacular Things about Yourself" Post one and send it on. http://strungalong.wordpress.com/2008/08/16/six-unspectacular-quirks-meme-web-toys/