Monday, August 4, 2008

Masterpiece # 2

Once again, it has taken me quite a while to blog. I was assigned to another broker at work which is good but I am really busy and work later than usual. I also just got back from the super fun family vacation in where else, but Hilton Head! It will take me a while to get the pictures uploaded mainly because there are 130 of them......and I need to sift through to pick out the best ones of course. In the mean time you can take a look at my most recent painting.

















I do have to say I like this one in person better - it doesn't look as choppy.

I really enjoy learning how the brushes work, how they land on the canvas what marks they leave behind. The colors are tricky but I learned to put the light colors on first and dark goes on top - although you can blend the colors back to the lighter shade if you really need to. Although sometimes if you blend too much you get grey. I need more colors, more brushes and canvas oh my! That's right, I said More colors, more brushes and canvas oh my!

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Wow Ms Jen!

I like your painting!

Want to trade brushes and canvas for your painting?

You have quite a talent!
Charlie

Anonymous said...

I love the sky the most. It looks like the Milky Way, like midnight sandpaper. I like the way you painted the ground orange. It works as a great complement to the sky! And it has this movement that makes you feel like the land is tilting back and forth. Like you are sliding down the side of the mountain. Love seeing your work! More more more!

I definitely know what I am going to get you for your birthday!

Unknown said...

Those look like some happy trees ;) Keep it up !

LT