Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Husband, Best Weekend

This weekend was awesome! Friday, after I got my ass handed to me at work I got home and told Jason I was not cooking dinner. He said okay I'm not that hungry any way. I was WAY hungry because I don't skip meals........I'm what they call a healthy eater. Anyway, I said I was going to Nuevo Laredo and Jason said he didn't want to go there so I got mad and said I was going somewhere, just not here (at home). I went upstairs to get some jeans on and out of my work clothes and when I got back downstairs I told him I would go to Six Fee Under if he wanted. That way I had company while eating and he wouldn't feel whatever it is he feels when I mention Nuevo Laredo. So, off we went.

When we got there it was packed with everyone wanting to sit on the roof (which is where their out door seating is). It was such a nice night out and if the wait was not an hour and a half we would have been enjoying it with everyone else. Instead we opted for the bar which had plenty of open seats and lots of tv's to watch Michael Phelps swim to victory. We ate appetizers and drank beer all night. We had the best time and Jason made me laugh so hard I cried! It was pretty cool when Michael Phelps won his race - the entire restaurant went crazy with cheers.

Saturday, I was supposed to run but didn't because I didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn after drinking those delicious beers. I did get up early though - I was helping a friend while she was out of town. I went into work for a little bit then home to take a nap. We were invited to an Obama party by one of Jason's co-workers. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a few of the people Jason works/worked with. They are so nice and they love my husband! I also gave Jason's cell number to someone I thought was a friend of his (this is also after a couple glasses of wine) but turns out it was a sales pitch! haa.ahaa!!! Jason said why didn't you make up a number?! I said because I thought she was your friend - then I laughed so hard because I kept imagining this lady calling Jason trying to get him to purchase this special web phone. He hates those calls! haa.ahaaa!!!

After the Obama P A R T A Y, we met some friends at the Taco Mac off of Peachtree. I never want to go to another Taco Mac after being in that one - its so clean and HUGE! I loved it. We watched the swimming event again. And once again, when Michael Phelps won the entire place went nuts! It was great. I also learned (again) that when I don't run all weekend and I drink, my legs get REAL upset. They want to party all night long and go dancing or do something that requires a lot of energy. Jason, not so much. He said you should go running in our neighborhood and I said, are you karazy?! No. Instead I worked on a gift for Jason and pounded some water. If I was going to be up there was no need to be dehydrated. I was up until 2:00 am making that gift! I totally slept in on Sunday.

Thanks for a great weekend babe.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that Taco Mac - the new one near 10th? It rocks. And if you ever want Nuevo Laredo without waiting, go on Friday at 5PM. It's a riot. (I live just down the street).