Monday, July 7, 2008

House Decorating - A Work in Progress


Here is our bedroom - there is not much to look at right now because this will be the last room to get finished in the house. But I love my, I mean our bed. Please excuse the mess.











Here is one corner of the guest room. Look how clean it is. I cleaned this room out on Sunday - I feel so refreshed. No Cats allowed in this room so if any kids or people stay over they will be kitty hair free!









Here is another angle. Look at the pretty table I added. See how cute? That picture above the table is me. Sally (lala) painted it when I was little. I have some more art that I would like to hang but I need to get it re-framed. My aunt Judy made a really cool piece of art for me when I graduated high school but the frame is now 13 years old so a new one would make it look updated and refreshed.


Jason painted our white plastic table and chairs on the back porch this weekend. I love it! He's not quite done. We also got some pretty red seat cushions at Target! It will look good!











Here is my version of an herb garden. Cilantro, Parsley, Basil. Its sitting on a new table we purchased last weekend. The porch is looking better and better!











Oh yeah, here is the pantry door Jason hung for me. Uh, Love it!!

















Here is the butterfly I hung above the kitchen sink. She's so pretty.










Here is one of the tables I Gold Leafed this weekend. Its a work in progress. I am going to get some bronze to mix in there as well. It is a lot of fun though! I figure if I really mess it up, I can just sand it. I got this idea from a table Sally made for Sarah - its on Sarah's side porch and it's so cute.





Here is the new mirror in the living room. It adds so much to the room too. Still a work in progress but it does look good.









Close up of the mirror.
















Last but not least, my flower pot and little stand. They are so pretty and add so much color! So far I have managed to keep them alive for two weeks!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Looking good Fishstick!

Looks like you have the decorating bug!

Jen said...

Thanks Charlie! Its been a lot of fun doing little project around the house.

I hope you have been having a lot of good runs - the heat is getting brutal. Last week we ran in the rain which was nice because of the cooler temps.