Thursday, July 3, 2008

4 Years

Sunday the 6th will be my 4 year anniversary with my company and I have accomplished a lot in those 4 years. I have never been with any company more than a year and a half so this is pretty cool. When I started I had no idea what I was doing and the best thing my first boss did was to throw me into the mix and it was sink or swim. Well, it's safe to say I swam and fought through the rough parts and here I am. I learned about conduits, loan quotes, LLC's, LLP's, Trusts, Single Entities, NNN Properties and Sale/Leasebacks. I learned about each state and their individual requirements for surveys, new entities and how to get a certificate to operate that new entity (and the cost). The best part is I will never know it all and that's what keeps me coming back to this crazy world day after day. There is always something to conquer and there is always a deadline. I never consider myself a competitive person but really, I think I am. I compete all of the time - I love the thrill and in my world that is a closed loan and a satisfied borrower. I love the emotional roller coaster I ride day in and day out. I think it's a sickness........

Besides accomplishing things at work I experienced other things as well. I ran my first 1/2 marathon........and then 4 more. My sister moved to Boston and we have grown closer with our brother. I have had some friendships dissipate and re-kindled old ones with some really great people. I have made new friendships that I hope to keep forever. I got married and learned how to accept another family as my own. I purchased a house with Jason and we were able to furnish it which is really great! We also went through a rough patch which made us grow stronger together. That rough patch also led me to enter the art world and now I am trying to craft the art of drawing & painting. Are you seeing the same pattern I see? I seem to keep choosing paths that I will never completely figure out but they will always challenge me. I do have a sickness.....mmmmmwwwwuuuuaaaahhhhh!!!! (evil laugh)

I dare say I have a fantastic life and I am one of the luckiest people I know. Life is good.

2 comments:

Stoph said...

Keep it up, Stick! Congrats!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stick-just catching up on your blog. We are all lucky to have YOU around! You've certainly kept life interesting for all these years. I'm so glad you are doing the art thing-perseverance is your friend in this. We want to see some pictures of your work. Have a great family beach trip - we had a great time on ours. Rae is gonna be over the moon with all you chillen around. Love, Lala