Thursday, May 29, 2008

Looking forward to summer

Last night was the last night of my art class until fall. I knew I would be bummed but I had no idea I would be sad. I was literally sad when I left last night. I will miss talking with my other class mates and oddly enough I will miss my instructor. I really liked him. I liked that he gave us a little history about what we were learning and even things we were not learning. He was fun to talk to. You could ask him 1 question and he would talk for 20 minutes, then end up on a completely different topic! On a positive note - at least I can say I will miss my class rather than I couldn't wait until it was over!
This will give me a chance to get back to running on Wednesday nights with my friends and get some more mileage in so maybe I will run another 1/2 by the end of the summer.
I will continue to draw and I am going to start Oil Painting. Very excited about that too. Sarah, I will most likely be calling you for art discussions and pointers. So, get ready sista! Aren't you so excited?! HA!

Another thing to look forward to is The Weimer-Taylor-Calamari Beach Trip!!! We are going to the beach at the end of July and having what I call a "Cone-Off". Rae had Allison send an email out about it today:

**A side note for my sister - she sounds just like my mom in this email......
Hello my siblings and non-siblings,
I have received special orders for our Birthday/Father's Day/Mother's Day party at the beach in July. Mom would like to have a "make your own ice cream cone contest" that will be judged by Trudy and her husband (drawing a blank on his name). Anyway, here are the tasks........

Jennifer -determine rules of the game
Jason - supply the winning prize
Paul/Allison/Peter-to determine themes. Themes will not be handed out until the day of the game.
You will go to Publix to buy "props" for cones. One rule mom has is that we are only allowed to use props that are edible! No extras! hahahahahah
Jennifer-am I missing anything?

Yeah, this is going to be a Griswold's Beach Trip...........much like everything else we do. But as odd and silly as we are we have fun and more importantly there will be drinks involved. Rae loves a good margarita on the beach.

No comments: