Friday, May 30, 2008

Good Friends


Carrena. She is one of my best friends. I have some of the greatest friends in the world and she is one of them. Besides Sarah, I have known Carren the longest. We met at our friend Chris Barnes house when we were all single, well, Carren was dating Jon, but she was not married so she was single and we partied until all hours of the night. Or morning.......Carren and I did not become friends right away. It was like two cute dogs sniffing each other out (I know, fantastic scenario) - I was totally in her territory as she had been friends with Chris for a very long time and I was pretty new to the group. Well, new as far as Carren was concerned. I think I had been hanging out with Chris for a while before I actually met this person they referred to as Carren. And I was terrified of Carren because everyone kept saying how tough she was and she didn't take any one's crap. Well, I did not want to meet this person because I am usually into people who are funny, light hearted and love to hang out!


One afternoon I was hanging out with Chris's cousin Missy - Missy was a free spirit and invited anyone she met to be her friend. I think Carren asked Missy to a Falcon's football game and Missy then invited me. I said okay, but I was totally nervous. Carren picked Missy and I up at Chris's house and off we went. I would like to say I was quiet but really, I don't think I am ever really quiet but I know I was hesitant. Carren seemed like she was a take charge kind of person and I did not want to mess with her. First we stopped by Subway to get sandwiches - which was also connected to a gas station. Now, this goes against everything I believe in but I needed cigarettes so it was a good idea at the time and again, I was not in charge so I went along. I even remember what I ordered - a meatball sub. I had the hardest time swallowing that thing. I hate food that is connected to a gas station unless it comes in a tightly sealed package. I was asked to write the gas station/subway was not Carren's idea........


Anyway, I have no idea what we talked about but I was allowed to smoke in her car which was pretty cool. haa.aha!! I don't even remember the game but I remember having a great time and thinking to myself, you know, this Carren is not so bad. She is funny and laughs a lot. And laughs out loud which is even better. She is also pretty smart - she retains information like a sponge. I was glad to learn she was not so tough after all. She's a strong person and has a big heart.


We hung out a few more times and ended up getting along so well - we laughed at all of the same stupid stuff and I could get as crazy as I wanted and she was still my friend the next day. When I say I got crazy, I mean I would drink beer with our friends, laugh out loud, ran from the cops........another story for another time.........said funny & obnoxious things all night or whatever came to my mind and she never judged. I am pretty sure she didn't know what to think but I never felt bad - we just laughed about it the next day. Thanks for laughing with me CDawg!


No comments: