Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pollen..........

O.M.G. I have never been affected by Pollen before but after I ran yesterday it about took me out. First Jason got hit with it the other day and while he was suffering I felt bad for him but I was also thinking oh how lucky am I; Pollen doesn't bother me......

That is not the case any more. The pollen about took me out last night and this morning. Damn the sucky yellow snow. Spring in GA is beautiful and I love flowers but now I am re-thinking those pretty peace makers and appreciating the rain more and more.


I found a couple of tips on line to keep your house as pollen free as you can get it (courtesy of UGA horticulture program).


1. turning on a humidifier will help make the particulates fall out of the air and give you cleaner air inside your home
2. air filters on heating and cooling systems can help - make sure you air filters are clean


It also said by the end of April the worst of the pollen should be over because Trees won't be shedding any more. Oak, Pine & Birch are the culprits for now. Good luck breathing people!






Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the pollen? Are there good drugs to take?

No comments: