Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ART

I signed up for a Beginning Drawing class at Emory Continuing Ed and it starts next week! Its every Wednesday for two months so it does conflict with my running on Wed nights but that's okay I will just switch running to Tuesday or Thursday nights. The description for this class states:
Take a methodical approach to traditional drawing techniques under personal guidance of this experienced instructor as your work becomes a direct channel for your own self-expression. So, I am going to learn how to self-express! I feel I already know how to self-express but now not only will I be able to self-express through talking but I will be able to draw it too! Haaa..ahaa!! Jason is so lucky to have a wife that is such a diverse self-expresser......

Instructor: Guy Robinson; Supply List: a medium-sized pad of newsprint paper, a few sheets of grey paper and black paper, an ebony pencil, both black and white 2-B conte crayons.

After completing this course I should be able to do the following:
  • Experience the basic techniques and methods necessary to confidently continue with more advanced classes
  • Develop your work on your own and have, in general, a greater ability to observe and analyze visually - Jason feels I should be able to draw the cats; we discussed drawing *Littleboy with an eye patch.
  • Have a great deal of fun pursuing your artistic skills

This is what will be covered in the class:

  • Line drawing
  • Light and shadow
  • Cross hatching - I learned I will be shadowing with this technique
  • A brief introduction to drawing human form
  • Perspective - This should be interesting since my perspective on everything is usually very odd..........This is where my mom would insert "Jennifer, you are just creative"
  • Composition

*Littleboy - he is our large main coon kitty.........."oh littleboy" He's so sweet but afraid of everything. Wouldn't he be so handsome with an eye patch?! "Aaaaarr matey, purrr, kitty, purrrr"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick! Pookie is out here today and pointed out your blog to me. I'm so excited that I can now keep up with you too. And thank you for the picture of your kitty. He looks just like mine did when she was 10 (she's now 20 and she's let herself go a bit) Great seeing ya'll Sunday. Lala

Nat said...

I just sort of don't know what to say about that post.
Pirate kitty?