Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The ladies of Nashville

Friday the 25th Nat and I set out for Nashville. I picked her up around 11:00 and I still needed coffee and gas. I was not having a great morning to begin with and I was nervous about my run and meeting Chris, who Nat has known since High School but has not seen in 15 years so I really didn't know much about him. Chris and his partner were nice enough to let us stay with them all weekend and I was a little nervous about this too. What if they thought I was annoying? Too this or too that? I would be stuck all weekend having to pretend. And you always want to be on your best behavior and not offend people when you first meet them, especially if they are letting you stay in their home. I am not a mean person but I don't have much of a filter either. Thankfully all of my worries turned out to be just that - Chris and Jay are hilarious and most gracious.

Anyway, Nat and I went to the gas station so I could fill up - she was telling me where to go from her house to the gas station because I couldn't get my barrings. As we were leaving the gas stating she continued to explain to me where to drive and I snapped at her but not because I was mad at her. I was completely on edge about the weekend so I would like to say I am sorry for snapping at you Nat.

Once I got my coffee that I didn't order..............stupid story......we got onto 75N and it turned out to be a really good drive. Nat talked most of the way but I was looking forward to that as I didn't have anything new to talk about. We got lost once we got into TN but only for a minute. The highway was totally confusing but we kept going in a circle and ended up finding downtown Nashville! We parked - which was a horrible experience - we kept circling and it was very confusing and packed with the extra 30,000 + people downtown. Anyway, we found a parking spot and it happened at a perfect time. Nat and I were quite hungry and getting grumpy.


We walked over to the building where we were supposed to pick up our packets and it was pretty crowded. Once we got our numbers I was going to look for a shirt because I thought I forgot to pack one but then I got even hungrier and my blood sugar was dropping and Nat said she was getting hungrier as well so we walked around looking for food instead. The first isle we found clumps of peanut butter something and those were pretty tasty. The second isle had something else with peanut butter but it was not that good. The third aisle had the best tasting pickles in the world. I could have eaten the whole jar which was really a tub. I didn't care - I was starving and they were delicious.


Nat sent Chris a text to tell him we were done and he was already on his way. As we were waiting outside I kept asking Nat if she thought "that was him". "Do you think that's him"? "Is that him"? "What about that guy"? "Is that him"? She had no idea so we proceed to wait outside. Nat took a picture of this man and his little dog that was dressed in pink......hhhmmm....yeah, his dog was dressed in a pink outfit. We thought it was hilarious so I leaned back while she secretly took a picture of it. After this we walked inside the expo to see if Chris was in there and with in 2 minutes he found us.


We walked through down town Nashville and went to some restaurant. It was good - I had a salmon Cesar salad and scarfed it down! After lunch we walked to my car and then went to Chris's house. His house is beautiful. I hope Nat got some picts.
All picts are on Nat and Chris's blogs. They too have hilarious re-caps of the weekend. This version is to be continued......

No comments: