Monday, April 28, 2008

Team Hoyt

So, I was talking to my co-worker this morning and he was telling me about his cousin who was going to compete in the Iowa Triathlon this summer. We were discussing how quickly his cousin wanted to finish and then ended up talking about this man who carried his son through triathlons but my co-worker could not remember his name. We googled for a minute and then found Team Hoyt. This is such an amazing story.

Dick and Rick Hoyt are a father-and-son team from Massachusetts who together compete in marathon races. And if they’re not in a marathon they are in a triathlon - a combination of 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of bicycling, and 2.4 miles of swimming.

I highly suggest you check out the website. It is very inspiring.

I will post about the Best Nashville Trip ever a little later.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. Now when I see a disabled person, I think of what could have been post-Meningitis for Evan. It makes me overwhelmingly sad, but more compassionate for the disabled. Thanks for sharing.