Monday, March 17, 2008

Grammar and a Tornado

I like to go back and read some of my posts to make sure I don't have a ton of misspelled words because I am a horrible speller............turns out I should also be looking for grammar errors, run-ons and completely incorrect sentences! I don't even know if that sentence makes sense!



I was actually always an A/B student in English all through college. That is scary. So, I would like to apologize in advance for the horrible grammar in my blog. I have this image of my husband and Natalie cringing as they read the paragraphs of nonsense.........I am not even going to mention what my dad would be thinking. I would be getting a grammar course over the phone.



Tornado anyone?

We were just finishing up eating and getting ready to watch the second bball game when we noticed the yucky weather. At first it was raining and lightening which is no big deal. Then we noticed it was raining sideways and it looked like the wind was picking up.....everyone was just like oh it's a thunder-storm. Then pieces of siding from a building went flying by and we knew this was a little bigger than a just thunderstorm and everyone rushed toward the bball court.



The people inside and the bball players did not know what was going on yet. It didn't take long though - Once the bball players stopped playing and stared up at the ceiling the crowd got the hint. Part of the ceiling was flying through the air and the score board was bouncing up and down. We heard a window break and there was a universal gasp. Dome employees had everyone get into the gym area near the court and they did not let us leave until a second tornado whipped through the area and the weather announcement said nothing else was going to happen (at least in our area).



Jason and I walked around downtown for a few minutes looking at all of the damage. It was very strange - it felt like we were in a movie. There was a ton of damage and you could literally see the path of the tornado. I have never seen anything like that before and hopefully I will not see it again.


Here is a picture I took with my camera phone. You can't really tell but the front of this building was very badly damaged. There is a restaurant under the sign and the entire front wall is gone.















Happy ST. Patrick's Day!!!!

























No comments: