Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oldest Friends

Today my mom sent me some pictures of a wedding shower we threw my oldest friend Sarah. We have been friends since we were in diapers and used to be neighbors. Sarah and her family moved when she was in elementary school and I was crushed. Who else was so fun and care free? Turns out not many people. Sarah is getting married to Wes Parrish on Sept. 29, 2007. They are a great couple and I am sure they will have a long happy life together. Sarah is a completely free spirit, a friend to all and is a very talented artist.


Here is me, Sarah, her sister Natalie and their mom Sally at my wedding.











They crack me up. As you can see Sally is wearing a napkin that was made into a hat.......Those hats have been around for a long time. When I graduated high school (in 1995) I moved to Athens, GA. Sarah came to visit me one weekend and I had not lived there long so I did not know the area very well. If anyone I know is reading this they know I have no sense of direction and those who have been to Athens know that Athens is not a large place. Anyway, Sarah and I ended up making sailor hats out of the many maps my dad used to make me carry in my car. We found a Dunkin Donuts that was probably 1 mile from the apartment I lived in and it took us about two hours to get home.........So, the home made hats have been around for a long time.
Here is a picture of me, Sarah and Sarah's friend Mel at Sarah and Wes's engagement party in Statesboro, GA.



We had so much fun - this was after many, many, many, many, many..............shots. See my trying to sign my bill? haaaa...haaaa!!!






No comments: