Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Uh....Three Months Later

Well, it's been three months since my last blog. I thought I was going to have so much time to blog then all of a sudden I was slammed at work and super busy with the closing of my new house. I closed three very hard loans on Friday August 31 which is the worst day/date to close any loan. Friday and the last day of a month - awful. First of all if you don't close your loan on Friday the borrower will have to pay interest for Sat and Sun but since this was a three day weekend we really needed to get our loans closed. I got a call from my boss (on accident) after I left the office Friday - he was telling me how our regional manager, my boss and his partner along with some agents were taking shots of Bushmills.....you close a hard loan, you get to take a shot of Bushmills. That's how we roll.

My husband Jason and I closed on our first house on Tuesday August 21. It was a stressful but most exciting day! The week before we closed the market decided to take a turn for the worst and that added a little stress to our closing. Then Tuesday our wire did not go through until 5:00 pm that evening so we signed our documents at 10:30 am and got to look at the keys to our new house then they were put back into an envelope until the wire hit. I was in tears by 2:00 that afternoon because we had not heard anything. We understand we are very lucky to have a house and we worked our asses off saving for this house, buying furniture and paying off debt but going through that stress made it much much sweeter. Now we really understand how great we have it. We are so grateful for all of the help our families have given us and for the Fantastic house warming gifts! ;)

Jason and I have never been happier. We are closer as a couple and I think it 's because we are both so proud of each other. We kind of have a new found respect for each other - not that it wasn't there to begin with but it's just different. It's awesome. Once we get the internet I will post some pictures of the house and furniture. Next blog: our First Painting Purchase.........and Return.

No comments: