Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nat's Run Followed by Good Beer in Nashville

As Chris and I were trying to find a good place to watch Natalie finish/run by to take some good picts Chris received a text from her. It was something like "Sick but finishing". We were worried.

A. that means she was not having a good run and there was not going to be a pr.
B. it could mean she would be in a bad mood when she finished.
C. we did not know if she was with Charlie and we didn't want her to be alone, not feeling well in the middle of a full marathon.
(not in that order)

As we waited for her to run in this gave me a chance to ask Chris these questions for about 15 minutes: "is that her"? "is that Charlie"? "is that her"? "is that him"? (tall guy in red shirt) HAA..ahaaa!!! Poor Chris.......when he meets Jason they will have a lot to talk about. ;)
Much to our surprise when Natalie finished she looked great! And she was in a good mood! Yeah!!! We were all happy! She stretched, we took some funny picts (again, Chris and Nats blog) then went home.

Let the beer start flowing.....................
We went home, got dressed and walked over to a local hang out of Chris and Jay's. 3 Crow Bar. There were lots of runners and Preston + wife met us. We hung out with them for a while and when they left the three of us proceeded to the bar. We got to meet some of Chris's friends and they were super nice. Chris proceeded to drink 100 beers while I had 5 or so and Nat had 6? Who knows - What I mostly remember is that Chris drank his weight in beer. Am I exaggerating? Maybe a little but it was hilarious to watch his face when he read the receipt. We also walked over to an art store where Jay purchased a beautiful painting for Chris. While we were walking to the art store (which is across the street from the bar) Natalie and I noticed a huge sign with a big hot dog and it said something about a wiener. We thought that was hilarious so we took pictures with it.

I think it was dark when we left 3 Crow. We went back to Chris and Jay's house to get ready for dinner. While we were at the house I decided that we needed some Vodka.............I made a horrible drink that Natalie and I actually drank. It consisted of warm juice and a large splash of Vodka......mmmmm......so tasty......I can't remember who thought we should do the airplane but I am almost 100% positive it was me. So Nat and I took turns being the airplane. We are pretty much a mess at this point - meaning we didn't care how we looked. After a lot of horrible dancing, talking and taking pictures and saving them to Jay's cell phone we went to dinner where things calmed down a lot. Food is always a good idea. And good food is even better. When we got home I think it took me all of 1.2 seconds to fall asleep once my head hit the pillow.

I had so much fun on Saturday even with the embarrassing video which is really not that embarrassing but I was d.r.u.n.k. So. Much. Fun!

Sunday we got up and I felt fine! We decided to go for a run - really it went like this: Natalie and Chris were going to go for a run so I tagged along and I did a run/walk while they ran 4 miles. Nat ran it in 30 minutes and I think Chris ran it in 33 minutes. They are both fast. It was so pretty outside and it was nice to be enjoying the weather before the nasty rain came in. After our run we ate lunch at the restaurant then Chris drove us to look at the naked statue that we ran past during the race and never noticed. Then we were on our way back to Atlanta.

I just want to thank Chris and Jay again for your hospitality. I can't wait to see you at Christmas!! Nat, thank you for inviting me on this trip - I hope we can do it again next year with Pookie and if Allison starts running 1/2's her too.

LOVE YOU BITCHES! XOXOXO
Stick

4 comments:

Stoph said...

Oh, how you flatter me!!! It was 36 minutes. If I was capable of 33, I would have just stuck with Nat for the whole run. Nice recap, Stick. Now if only somebody else would get hers done...

Jen said...

I know! i've been waiting......

Nat said...

Hello where the heck is the Bon Jovi post

Stoph said...

Are you leaving this post up top as a symbol? A day for every beer? Cause even so, it is time to move on, lady...

Yes, how about a little Bon Jovi? Rock on!